Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Take Home Reading Responses.

Students will start receiving a take home reading response about every other week.  The students will have one week to complete it and can be done any time throughout the week with a book of their choice.  Nightly reading is important for fluency and accuracy but comprehension is just as important.   Students should be discussing their books with you. The take home reading responses will help encourage students to be consistently using strategies and increase the home to school connection to their learning.  Please let me know if there are any questions.

This week's response is about Schema (Prior Knowledge).  Students will choose a book and record their schema before reading.  These are connections, reminders, past experiences and anything known about the topic, book, or characters.

Thinking stems:

This reminds me of...
I know that...
I have a connection to...
I remember...